The growth of Shopify continues to accelerate, and subsequently, it is fast becoming one of the best ways to grow your eCommerce store. So, do you want to know more about Shopify fulfilment? Then let’s take a deep dive into all things Shopify and tell you all you need to know about the benefits it can bring.
In short, Shopify is a cloud-based eCommerce platform known for its easy-to-use software with over 5.6 million online stores across the globe. Users can set up stores on the platform and fulfil orders right from the comfort of their homes or by using an outsourced fulfilment partner such as a 3PL.
Quite simply, there are many benefits provided by Shopify. Here’s a rundown of them below:
- Shopify is cloud-based, meaning you can access all your sales data, orders, etc., from wherever you like.
- With a beautiful, large collection of storefronts, you can make your website look amazing, which levels the playing field for smaller sellers.
- You can sync all your shops into one platform. Shopify allows the use of third-party accounts – so if you have an eBay store, too, Shopify will allow you to connect this to your Shopify hub and integrate all of your sales data.
- You can reduce shipping and operating costs.
They offer 2 different subscriptions depending on what you need, giving you more flexibility and options to suit your business.
- Plugins – With over 1200 apps available, you should find everything you want to simplify your experience/workload. They’ll cover everything from accounting and inventory to customer service.
- Gives you a chance to grow your business and reach new customers, especially given the fact Shopify has a 24/7 support team.
It’s all well and good having a fancy storefront and an easy-to-use system, but if your orders aren’t sent out on time, it’s irrelevant